Sunday, November 4, 2012

Straight From Our Kids


"What do your kids think about going to Bolivia?"  If I had a nickel for every time I'd been asked that...  Of course, if it was contingent upon having a good answer, I'd still be broke.  So I finally decided to interview the kids, and see what they had to say in response to a few basic questions.

Q:  What do you think about moving to Bolivia?
K: I would be kind of excited because our friends have a Wii.  Excited to learn to speak Spanish.  For 3 years I’m not as excited.
S: Good.  ‘Cuz a gato is in Bolivia.

Q: Do you know where Bolivia is?
K:  No.  Do you know where it is Dad?  (long pause) Somewhere around a city close to the Sun I think.
  
Q: Is there anything you’re afraid of?
K:  You wasting all your money getting a new house & furniture & especially the stove.
S:  Dan & Daryl are a "kinda-know" right now.

Q: What are you excited about?
K: Get to see Nana in Bolivia.  And Michelle.
S: Kitty.

Q: You met Dan & Daryl.  What do you think about meeting their kids?
K: I’m excited about that.

Q: What do you think I should ask?
K: Are you excited about moving into a new house?
        -I’m excited about that.  I hope it will be a bigger area around our house so we can blast off rockets.
 
Q: How long do you think it will take to get to Bolivia?
K: Like three days.

Q: If you could take just one thing with you, what would you take?
K: Puppy (his beany-baby dog)
S: Soft kitty, little kitty, & blue blankey.

K: Daddy, you should ask me if I’m excited about growing up.  When we come back, I’m excited to be 8, ‘cuz then I can do things on my own without my parents.

Mom: What do you want your new teacher in Bolivia to be like?
K: Kind of blond hair, like Mrs. S.

Q: Why are we going to Bolivia?
K: We’re going to be missionaries. Because you like helping others.
S: To speak Spanish.

Q: Is there anything else you want to tell me about Bolivia?
K: It's gonna be fun going on the plane.
S: I liked it when you guys were at Bolivia, and I was at Nana & Papa’s.

Q: Thanks for the interview.
K: Could you write down even more please?  How about I ask you questions about Bolivia.
Interviewing each other after we were done.

3 comments:

  1. love it! I guess I better buy my plane tickets now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interview! Those kids make me want to move to Bolivia, too. Did I say Bolivia? I meant Laguna Beach!
    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this Quinn! We had a good laugh. Cannot wait to meet your kids!

    ReplyDelete